Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day 86 on 31 August: Living Without My Darling Husband

Hey Darling

Your colleague, or rather your ex-colleague, Karine, told me the the Starlight Club for special needs children held an outing to the Gardens By The Bay on Saturday, 31 August.  She extended the application to me and I signed up for this.  Thought might be a good alternative to shopping malls!

  

Pick up was from Toa Payoh Community Centre at 9 am so we stayed over in Toa Payoh on Friday evening.  They went to TP after school and I joined them after work on Friday.  We had dinner at Fork & Spoon.

Spent the whole morning at Gardens By The Bay.  On the whole it's not too bad as most of the places we went were all air-conditioned.  Easily accessible on wheelchair.  Other than one occasion when the wheelchair toilet was occupied by their own security personnel, everything else was smooth.  You know how pissed I get when able bodied people misused the wheelchair toilets?

Initially I thought we'll just walk to the MRT station after the event but realised that the MRT station is a long walk and the weather was rather hot by the time we were about to leave.  Got a lift to the Marina Bay MRT station by the bus driver who was booked to transport the participants back to Bukit Panjang CC.

Incidentally Rose was at Fork & Spoon in TP.  We met her there for lunch then went over to NTUC.  After that, we stayed over in Toa Payoh to collect all our stuff back.  Ain gave us a lift home.  Nowadays after a day's outing, it's just me to clean him up unlike those days when you are around to help me!  That's why my weekends are so stressful now.  I have to attend to his entire needs from the time he wakes up till he goes to sleep!  There are days when he urinate on his chair so it does get overwhelming sometimes.

Of course I do feel like ending it all for both of us.  I wouldnt just end mine.  It wont be right for anyone else to take care of him then.

Luv us always!!

No comments:

Post a Comment