Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 79 on 24 August: Living Without My Darling Husband

Eh darling

This morning I brought Mikaail to Tan Tock Seng Hospital to repair his handsplint.  The last time the previous therapist repair the handsplint, there was a crack but no one notice.  Only when Mikaail wore it to school then his therapist saw it.  There is a hairline crack across the palm position.  The therapist today, Celeste, patch it up with a piece of white plastic.  I might need to get a replacement unit soon.


We took the MRT to the hospital and alighted at Novena station then walk to the clinic - a breeze!  I've now decided that when getting into the MRT, ideally go either at the front end or back end of the MRT - less crowded.  The wheelchair signs are around the middle of the MRT which is also the most crowded area!  I must provide the feedback to SMRT!  SMRT should have put those wheelchair signages at the front end or back end of the MRT. 

I like the signage that remind the passengers to give way to the following categories of passengers!  


Ever so often the very able passengers rush into the lift too!

And today we went to Woodgrove CC to collect our food ration and Hari Raya packet from Woodgrove CC.  

 




The selection criteria is based on income, needs and recommendation from the Grassroots Adviser Mr Ong Teng Koon, also the MP for this area.  He came to visit earlier in June when you had just passed away.  He asked how was I managing and what was my immediate concern.  I told him that with your demise, my household income was halved instantly and my immediate concern was transportation for Mikaail.  I told him that I had already contacted the Handicapped Welfare Association but they told me that they do not have any available transport.  He did say that they have their contacts.  That was in June and now it's already August.  So far, I didnt hear back from any of the CC about them being able to source transportation for us.

Anyway, I've been booking a taxi every morning.  We did have a regular pick up previously.  The first was a Pakcik but he fell asleep on the wheel!  Then there is another 2 other drivers.  The 2nd driver has to depend on his son ie if his son is late, then we will be late.  Also he is so tidy that he keeps all the passengers seat belts away!  The 3rd was actually very good.  For the past few days that he picked them up, he had his door and boot opened, waiting for us.  Then after the 4th or 5th day, he decided that he could get 3 more passengers if he dont pick Mikaail.  It's not often passengers from elsewhere would want to come to Woodlands in the morning!  It's a pity but that's totally understandable.

Now, we've have another taxi driver who said he is able to pick Mikaail to school.  So let's see how when Tuesday comes as Monday is school holiday.

Though I know that you are never coming back, I just keep on hoping that I will see you somehow.  Eh, please I dont mean it that you appear in front of my face!  Gosh, my hair stands man!  See me in my dreams, ok.  I love you much and life is very different now - empty - is the word!!

Luv U Always & Forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment