Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 60 on 5 August - Living Without My Darling Husband

Darling

My day today!  You know what?  After all these years that we've lived in this block, today is the first time we were stuck in the lift!  Not a good start on a Monday morning or as a matter of fact, not any time at all to be stuck in a lift!  It's stuffy as the ventilation also stopped.

Then once we got out of the lift, I called Transcab to book a taxi and was told 5 minutes.  The driver called back soon after to confirm the booking.  This is good but he came almost 10 minutes later!

Then by the time I got to the MRT, I was already a bit pissed!  This silly MRT driver kept braking so hard so many times.  Then came the announcement that the heavy braking was due to technical fault.  Sure, just blamed on technicalities!  Then the MRT customer service who are stationed at the platforms.  I find them rather irritating too!  Bloody train is already packed and they keep asking people to move in and passengers stay rooted so what do they do?  Absolutely nothing!  Just lip service!!  Urgh!!!!

Also, I told my boss that gone are the days when I arrive at 7:15 am in the office.  If the taxi comes at pick up point punctually, then maybe I might just make it to office by 8:15 am.  How do I ever not be stressed?  That's why I was very disappointed when one of my colleagues said what she said.  Anyway, you know the ratio of the words, tone and body language formula?

The security guy saw me this morning in the life on my way up to office and he asked about you!  My tears just welled up in my eyes then I told him you've passed away.  I am still not ready to talk about you as it hurts so much.  Even now when I am writing to you there are tears in my eyes.  If only you know and if only you can see me now.  I am missing you very much!  Whenever this happens, I try to control my tears.

Oh ya, I also went to Starhub as I wanted to terminate your phone line. I think it's $98/month for your phone line and it's not used at all.  I was thinking of switching to Singtel so I can change my phone annually but the Singtel guys said I need to pay $148 or something.  This is for Singtel to do some installation of some cable for the Mio or home broadband.  I was reluctant to pay anything additional.  I know Starhub would not charge me if I recontract the plan.  Will see what I can do tomorrow evening when I get home.

Then later in the day another of my colleagues messaged me to ask how I've been keeping myself.  She was just back from her medical leave herself.  I'm glad that there are really thoughtful and caring colleagues around me.  They really gave their shoulders to cry on in that sense.  Unfortunately the counsellor was not of much help really - quite disappointing!  I had expected them to be able to provide more support but that is not the case.  I've never been to a counsellor before and after meeting them, I doubt they are really professional and are able to provide the counselling!

Oh another thing, this morning, Mikaail had his fits while I was showering him!  The places he has fits can be anywhere!  So I just have to be very careful!

Love us always & we love you much!

No comments:

Post a Comment