Thursday, June 20, 2013

Letter to my darling - 20 June 2013

Hello darling

I left for my office at 6:35 am and got into the MRT around 6:45 am. Arrived at Raffles Place MRT almost an hour later.  My day went pretty well today except for the unexpected tears when I thought of you.  So now, I have to ensure I have tissue paper with me.  The other day when I was in the MRT to work, the tears just flow and I had to literally wipe my tears with my hands then onto my dress!  I've not gone back to work regularly yet but I do plan to come back to work next Monday.  

It's been more than 2 weeks now and I am still unable to come to terms with not having you in the house!    My tears just flow whenever I think of you, of the good times we've had.  I wished I know what you are doing right now!  I missed you so much and now I'm literally by myself!  Now, I have no one else who I can share my heart's content with, no one to discuss matters with and everything else falls on my shoulder too!  Whatever decision I make now will just be mine!

Remember the off-white flowing dress with big beautiful pastel flowers which I love very much?  Now you never had the chance to see me in it!  I know that I've promised you I will be strong to care for Mikaail.  It's just that I am finding it really tough to manage my own emotions.  I told Mikaail that you've gone to Heaven to meet my mum.

I met the pathologist who performed the autopsy yesterday and when I showed him your photo I took after your procedure, he said you were a good looking guy and so young too!  He said it is rare for death to occur for a relatively low risk procedure.  So what went wrong?  He said from the report, it doesnt seem like there is any negligence and the SGH doctors were upfront about the steps they took!

In the 3 days that you were admitted to the hospital, you were gone!  It's heartbreaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment