Friday, September 10, 2010

Swinging Log

On Friday, 11 April, it rained quite heavily that the outdoor activity was postponed to Saturday. So on Saturday, at 8 am, we all set to go to Bishan Park. Adam did the demo and also explained the purpose and what we should be focusing on when walking on the log. Team mates act as supporters standing on both sides of the log. We were all ushered to the log for the group. The ground was muddy and I was having trouble walking on the ground as I didnt want to get my shoes and jeans dirty. On Friday, I had to make a commitment (much against my will) to be the first in any activity. I had to go up on the log first. I had no preparation, no strategy, no action plan - only goal was to reach the other end of the log. When I got up on the log, I had to declare my goal - lose weight and inches. Very weak goals - not a do or die type of goal! Next, as I attempted to lift one foot up and the coach kicked the log, I started screaming. Adam was looking and told the coaches that I need to refocus on my state first. I did a couple of attempts within the 8 minutes allocated and decided not to continue as I was getting really pissed. Not so simple. Does not mean that you want out, you are out. Coaches will speak with you to explain situation. Felt really stressed. Many times I had to ask myself why the hell I am going through this whole process. I told one of the coaches that the log is more shaky than my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment