Thursday, September 9, 2010

My 5km Shape Run Experience

After I completed both modules of the Patterns of Excellence workshop, I made a commitment to participate in the 5km Shape 2009 Run with the hope that by practising my runs, I would be able to also lose weight thereby bringing my goals closer. 

It's been years since I did any runs so I was pleasantly surprised that I managed to complete the run in under 1 hour!  I did a fair bit of walking actually as I was just not fit enough to complete the full 5km run by running! 



I participated in the Shape 2010 Run this July as well.  Unfortunately, I didnt get much practice either as my son was hospitalised a bit, then I was without maid for a while so I had to rush home after work.

My hubby gave me a lift to Concourse on Beach Road for the Run.  I didnt get to take many photos but I did stop at several locations and asked others to take pictures of me.  Despite this and walking, I still made the 5km in less than what I did in 2009. 



My target for 2011 is to run the full 5 km and hopefully can cover it in 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment