Sunday, February 24, 2013

My Scoot Experience - Online Booking


I flew to Sydney on Saturday, 13 Jan 2013 on Scoot, the budget carrier from Singapore Airlines.  I had a bit of a problem booking online for my tickets though!  The seat map, selection of meals, luggage extras didn’t show up for me to select despite using 3 different browsers!  When I called their hotline, it is even worst!  They do not seem to have any staff manning their hotline number or if they do, they do not have enough manpower!

Then when I was lucky enough to get my call answered and after explaining the situation, the lady at the other end simply said she can assist but she will have to charge for the booking!  No point explaining to her!  She said she had checked on her end and she had no problem booking a flight!  The worst was when I emailed to their feedback email, they took about close to 6 weeks before responding!

Anyhow, after several attempts to book online, I finally managed to book my flights, selected my seats, meals and also booked extra luggage space!  Very trying, tiring and frustrating!

I’ve come to the conclusion that budget carriers are fine, if you have the use of all your limbs and vision!  Otherwise, you would need the full fare carriers.  You don’t want to be left stranded with no staff to assist you!

No comments:

Post a Comment