Sunday, February 24, 2013

2013 Chinese New Year Dinner


Marie, my domestic helper for last 2 years had just renewed her contract for another 2 years!  Yippee!.  So another 20 months before I have to start maid hunting all over again!  Gosh, it’s really tough and also more expensive now than it was before to get a domestic helper!  Anyhow one of my favourite quotes: enjoy while it lasts!

After my mum passed away in September 2011 (it's more than 2 years!), I absolutely had no interest in any celebrations of any sort.  So the recent CNY was nothing special to me too!  Although I did plan for the CNY dinner, I just had no mood to cook.  So I opted for the next best dinner menu – steamboat with teppanyaki!


As always, I made sure it was easy to prepare so I got Marie to prepare the soup by stir frying the garlic, ginger and shallots then add the chicken bones and chicken wing corners. Marie just needed to wash the rest of the ingredients for the steamboat and teppanyaki.  She also cooked laksa fried rice and steamed scallops and prawns.







No comments:

Post a Comment