Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mum's Last Days

Mum left me on 28 Sept 11.  Incidentally, it was the last day of Hari Raya Puasa.  Official time of her passing away is 1:45 pm though she breathe her last breath around 1:35-1:38 pm.  This was about the time that the heart monitor went flat.  The doctor was away and the hospital requires the doctor to certify her passing away therefore the time difference.

I could still remember the look on her face.  She looks like she was sleeping and her tongue was hanging a little loosely as if you were teasing someone.

I feel a sudden emptiness in my heart though I know that mum would not have to suffer the pain that she has been enduring the past few months.  I still feel that maybe mum was not ready to leave this world though she did say she would be better off dead.  After her fall last September, she never fully recovered and one thing leads to another.  Whenever I hear her moan she tells me of the pain which is unbearable.  I will usually tell her to think about Mikaail who, though handicapped, is a happy go lucky chap!

I feel a lump in my chest and I cant believe that my mum has left me.  I still feel as if I had not given my mum the chance to live on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment